khaiDesigns.com blogskin by khaiDesigns

Dwelling Places

"I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory." Psalms 63:2

Links

http://tree-of-life.truepath.com/DEVOTIONALS.html
www.hpb.gov.sg
khaiDesigns

Recent Post

  • The result of being 'so into it'
  • He Chose the nails
  • Friendship
  • Muscle woman
  • Look at it this way
  • In Him I trust
  • help me!
  • When I say
  • Forever
  • In the mood for Christmas
  • Archives


    credits

    Blog Entry

    Friday, April 20, 2007

    At the Cross



    We had loads of fun at Li Ying's 21st bdae party. The baby of our group has grown up into a fine young lady, while the rest of us are in the midst of the ageing process. But truely, isnt the feeling just right now since we are no longer small little kids but young adults?=) It was a great time of catching up with one another about our lives. What a blessing to have them around!

    And throughout this week, I got the chance to also catch up with my ex-colleagues for dinner too. They have been a bunch of great joy to me, always instilling this zest of pure happiness into my life. I'm gonna miss them.

    This week was pretty smooth sailing for me in terms of work. Had a fair share of hard work and laughter/ fun. So glad I'm getting the hang out of things.

    Although things are pretty alright, I know that I'm also in the midst of testing. I feel that I'm in this struggle where I know and I want to do good to this particular person. But I feel I can't. Like what is said in Romans: The things you want to do, you do not do. However, the things that you should not do, this I keep on doing. It's really a challenge not to be Christian only by name but to be a Christian where Christ reigns and rules in my life. A life that is pleasing and acceptable to Him...A life that counts for God in every situation.

    Last Sunday's sermon really spoke to me. Pastor was preeching about having a santuary that you could go to. It may not always be the church. For Jonah, his santuary was in the big fish, for Daniel, his santuary was in the lion's den. Well, I guess my santuary would be anywhere that brings me a step closer to creation. I love nature so perhaps for me, it would be the Singapore River. A santuary should be a place where you can meet God and tell him all that is bottling within your inner being. It's also a place where it points you back to the cross, knowing again that there's no greater love than this. There's nothing that will seperate me from His love, His grace and His mercy. It is also at the cross where the veil is tored, because God has made a way. Indeed, everything was done on the cross for us. How much more should we be grateful for the price Christ had paid. I'm amazed once again.

    Visiting Bugis at 2pm

    posted by The voice within @ 7:13 PM 1 comments

    1 Comments:

    At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    daniel's sanctuary was in the lion's den?! seriously?! haha gosh. eve i'll be back in sg in slightly more than 20 days! hope to talk to you soon

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home